PA JO TRAVEL/TOURNAMENT CLASSIFICATION
GOLD LEVEL |
TRAVEL/TOURNAMENT TEAMS |
Please review these guidelines BEFORE registering your team. Any requests for special classification consideration must be submitted in writing to the State JO Commissioner. If you have any questions, concerns or would like to make an appeal on behalf of your team, contact:
State JO Commissioner, Suzanne Robison at 717-545-1217 or email@example.com.
IMPORTANT: Teams are required to register with the Local Association where the majority of players reside; i.e., if at least 50% of players reside in Pennsylvania, team must register with ASA of PA.
CLASS A TRAVEL/TOURNAMENT TEAMS:
CLASS A - (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U)
- MUST individually register through REGISTERUSA.
- May draw players from multiple PA counties or from bordering metro/state associations.
- May participate ONLY at the Class A level except as noted for 16U Gold & 18U Gold.
CLASS B TRAVEL/TOURNAMENT TEAMS:
CLASS B - (10U, 12U, 14U, 16U, 18U)
- MUST individually register through REGISTERUSA;
- All rostered players must be drawn from:
A community/metro recreational League including Rec League All-Star Teams, and/or
within one of the 16 established ASA of PA Districts exclusively and
within Pennsylvania State lines exclusively;
- Teams recruiting players from across established PA district boundaries must obtain submit written request for approval from State JO Commissioner:
EXCEPTION: All players participate in same ASA of PA recreational league. (proof must be provided);
- Teams recruiting players from across state lines are not eligible to play at the Class B level, EXCEPT if all players play in the same ASA of PA rec league (proof must be provided);
- Class B Teams may participate in Class A tournaments, but are then subject to being reclassified to Class A for the remainder of season based on ability to compete against Class A teams;
- Class B teams may be subject to reclassification to an A team if level of competitiveness appears to exceed that of a typical Class B team.